[Live-devel] Streaming Transport Stream bit rate question

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Thu Jun 3 13:38:47 PDT 2004

>I have some questions and as you did not answer my previous mail

Sorry, but I don't have time to answer every question that's posted to this
mailing list (unless you're a customer).

>My main question is: how is the bit rate control done? Is it with the TS PCR?

Yes, see the code for the "MPEG2TransportStreamFramer" class (in
"liveMedia/MPEG2TransportStreamFramer.cpp").  Note, in particular, how
"fDurationInMicroseconds" is set (and how "fTSPacketDurationEstimate" is
updated, based on PCR timestamps in the input data).

>The other question is about the client's buffer. Do you have an estimation
>on how long the buffer needs to be?

No, because this will depend on the input data (and, in particular, how
'variable' its VBR is).

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>