[Live-devel] play a specific range in RTSP session

Gabriel Bouvigne gabriel.bouvigne at resonate-mp4.com
Mon Jun 7 12:55:01 PDT 2004

Ross Finlayson wrote:
 > I have included this in the current software
> release (2004.06.07).

Nice.

Now, I think that the same thing should be applyed to the start time,
and if both start and end time are unspecified, then do not send the
"range" value in RTSP play.

It is because of the "PAUSE" command. To "resume" playing, I have to
send a "PLAY" command. Right now I have to specify a correct (ie
current) start time in order to properly resume. But the server should
be able to resume from current time location by receiving a PLAY command
without any "range" field.

Regards,

--

Gabriel Bouvigne