[Live-devel] H263 Video

David Skiba skiba at avaya.com
Thu Jun 10 10:29:09 PDT 2004

I need some help trying to understand how to stream H263 video.

I would like to read an MPEG1 file that currently works with
testMPEG1or2AudioStreamer

and stream the contents as H263 video. Without understanding too much I
tried one simple

change but feel that it shows I am missing some details. I changed the lines
in the program

to:

  // Create a 'MPEG Video RTP' sink from the RTP 'groupsock':

//djs debug  videoSink = MPEG1or2VideoRTPSink::createNew(*env,
&rtpGroupsockVideo);

  videoSink = H263plusVideoRTPSink::createNew(*env, &rtpGroupsockVideo, 34);

This seems too simple and it is because I get no video anymore. However
players

like RA recognized that they needed to download a new filter. Once that was
complete

I just got a blank video screen but audio continued to stream.

Do I need to create my mpeg file differently or is more code needed to
bridge the gap?

So, am I on the right track? Would someone help direct me in the right
direction.

Thanks,

Dave