[Live-devel] H263 Video

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Thu Jun 10 08:12:05 PDT 2004

At 06:29 AM 6/10/04, you wrote:
>I need some help trying to understand how to stream H263 video.
>I would like to read an MPEG1 file that currently works with
>testMPEG1or2AudioStreamer
>and stream the contents as H263 video.

I'm not sure I understand.  MPEG-1 and H.263 are completely different video
formats.  You can't "stream a MPEG-1 file as H.263" without first decoding
the MPEG-1 video, and then re-encoding it as H.263 video.  You could, in
principle, write a "FramedFilter" subclass that does this, but I suspect
that that's really not what you want to do...

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>