[Live-devel] How to recover from parsing exceptional data situation!

Mike Yan mikey at tlcwatch.com
Fri Jun 11 16:18:51 PDT 2004

Hi Ross,

I have been running live.com library to streaming our mpeg2 source for a
while. So far the application runs smooth and reliable.

But I got some inconsistent problem when I switch data source between
different channels. Sometimes it was fine when I switched channels.
Sometimes it kept giving me the error msg say
"MPEG1or2VideoStreamParser::parseSlice(): Saw unexpected code 000001BA". And
sometimes it took a long time to recover it, sometimes it would not recover.

It seems to me that live library do not like switching from different data
sources. It could not handle exceptional data well. Is there any fast way to
recover from data exception when switching data source? Does anyone
encounter same issue before?

Any advice would be great help for me. Thanks a lot.

Best regards,

Mike