[Live-devel] Is the new June 14 version OK?

Dixon Siu dixonsiu at mediaglue.co.jp
Thu Jun 17 19:03:41 PDT 2004

Hi everyone,

I did more testing on the June 14 version.

Case1:
Win2000 (streamer) -> WinXP (receiver)
In this case (opening the SDP file), VLC jitters a little bit and then goes
on. Both QT and WMP are okay.

Case2:
WinXP (streamer) -> Win2000 (receiver)
In this case, VLC just hangs after 1 second of playing. QT and WMP (with
Morgan's DirectShow Client re-installed)  are okay.

So the new code does not have problem at all in WinXP environment
(receiver). But VLC in Win2000 hangs while playing the stream. So it might
have something to do with VLC's Win2000 implementation. Both Win2000 and
WinXP has the same VLC version.

Thanks for you attention. Hope that this statistics help.

Dixon