[Live-devel] OnDemand from ffmpeg

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Mon Jun 28 18:23:21 PDT 2004

>    I have an app that gets bitmaps from DirectShow, then sends it to
> ffmpeg for MPEG4 compression, and I want to stream it then. How do I do
> that? Which class should I inherit to reimplement things?

You need to do two things:
1/ Define and implement a 'source' class that delivers MPEG-4 video frames
from yoru encoder.  (You may wish to look at "DeviceSource.cpp" for hints
on how to do this.)
2/ Define and implement a subclass of "OnDemandServerMediaSubsession" that
uses your new source class.  In particular, you will need to implement the
following member functions:
-  "createNewStreamSource()":  This will be similar to the implementation
that's in "MPEG4VideoFileServerMediaSubsession", except that it will use
your new class, rather than a "ByteStreamFileSource".
- "getAuxSDPLine()": See "MPEG4VideoFileServerMediaSubsession" for a hint
in implementing this.
- "createNewRTPSink()":  This will be exactly the same as the
implementation that's in "MPEG4VideoFileServerMediaSubsession".

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>