[Live-devel] H.263 Video

David Skiba skiba at avaya.com
Wed Jun 30 11:03:36 PDT 2004

I have switched to trying H.263 video. I want to create a program like
testMPEG1or2VideoStreamer for H263 content.

I think I only need to make two changes?

1. Use H263plusVideoRTPSink in place of MPEG1or2VideoRTPSink.

2. Use ByteStreamFileSource as my videoSource.

I don't think I need a framer class since the H.263 raw source file is
already in frames. Is this correct?

I think my input video is correct. There are no complaints from the live
code about unexpected non-zero bytes.

The problem is when I try this I am not able to play the resulting stream.

I tried VLC but it did not work. No error just switched to the audio box
with no count. So it did not connect.

I am not sure if I need to load something more for H.263 support.

I also tried RealPlayer and Quicktime. I think I may be missing H.263
plugins but can't find them anywhere.

What do you use to test H.263 video streams?

Thanks for your help,

Dave