[Live-devel] On the fly decoding

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Mon Mar 8 10:21:59 PST 2004

>The "testVideoReceiver" test program writes in the
>stdout or in a file. Can I modify it so that it puts
>output in a MPEG decoder? What's the way?

If your MPEG decoder is accessible as a file (e.g., in /dev), then you do
this with the existing "testMPEG1or2VideoReceiver" application, simply by
redirecting its output to the decoder device file.

Otherwise, you can write a new 'sink' class that encapsulates your decoder
device, and use this new class instead of "FileSink".  One easy way to do
this is to use the existing "FileSink" implementation as a model, and
replace the calls to "fopen()", "fopen()" and "fclose()" with code that
accesses your decoder device.

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>