[Live-devel] LIVE RTP Translator

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Fri Mar 12 10:25:36 PST 2004

At 09:20 AM 3/12/04, you wrote:
>Hello,
>I would like to implement a minimal RTP Translator using the LIVE Media
>Library, which does not change the RTP stream.
>I think I should use groupsock for simple RTP and RTCP packet forwarding
>and I don't need to change BasicUsageEnvironment.
>Any advice about other classes to look at firstly will be appreciated;
>for example something about the BasicUDPSource class.

If you don't plan to change the RTP headers at all  (i.e., just transport
the entire UDP payload 'as is'), then you could just use the "testRelay"
test program as a model.

Note that "testRelay" currently does not use the 'source/sink' application
model that the other test programs use (so therefore it currently doesn't
use the "BasicUDPSource" class).  (At some point it should probably be
rewritten in the 'source/sink' style, however...)

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>