[Live-devel] Can't stream an mpeg-2 file

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Tue Mar 16 17:16:54 PST 2004

>However, here are the url's for the sample mpeg-2 files:
>http://www.mpeg2.de/video/streams/ (this is the video elementary stream
>file. tennis.m2v is what I tried...it's towards bottom of page)
>http://www.traclabs.com/~bwolfe/VIDEO_TS.VOB (this is the program stream
>file.)

A follow-up to my earlier messages:

1/ I have confirmed that the MPEG-2 Elementary Stream video files in
<http://www.mpeg2.de/video/streams/> can be streamed and received OK by the
LIVE.COM code.

2/ The file "http://www.traclabs.com/~bwolfe/VIDEO_TS.VOB" is, indeed a VOB
stream, but it's one without an audio track, so (for practical purposes)
it's the same as a MPEG Program Stream file.  So, you should be able to
stream it using any of:
         1/ "vobStreamer",
         2/ "testMPEG1or2AudioVideoStreamer", or
         3/ "testMPEG1or2VideoStreamer", if it's rebuilt with
"SOURCE_IS_PROGRAM_STREAM" defined.

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>