[Live-devel] exec() and testprogs

Cavalera Claudio Claudio.Cavalera at icn.siemens.it
Wed Mar 17 18:46:54 PST 2004

Hello,
I'm working on a simple application which works with openRTSP, testRelay
and a calendar. I've written my own scheduling calendar (basically a
sorted list), I don't know if this could have been done with
TaskScheduler of liveMedia. I would like to launch from within the
calendar multiple istances of openRTSP and a slightly modified
testRelay, each istance with each own parameters at  given times.
Some time ago I've read on this ML some issues about "events vs
threads".
I'm not a real programmer and I obviously would like to keep things as
simple as possible. So I plan to use the exec() family of functions in
order to "launch" openRTSP and testRelay: is this possible or is there
some architectural limitation about events that I'm missing?
Thanks for any advice,
Claudio