[Live-devel] Requirement : MPEG4 Splitting

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Wed Mar 24 08:47:46 PST 2004

>What is the difference between demultiplexing MPEG1or2
>and MPEG4. if there is i want to now what it.
>
>what changement can i do for MPEG1or2Splitter to
>obtain an MPEG4Splitter.

This depends on the format of the input file.  If the input file is a
MPEG-1 or 2 Program Stream file that contains MPEG-4 Elementary Streams,
then you would do this by replacing the calls to "newAudioStream()" and
"newVideoStream()" with calls to "newElementaryStream()", with the
appropriate "streamIdTag" parameter.

More likely, though, your input is a MPEG-4 format file.  Unfortunately the
"LIVE.COM Streaming Media" code currently does not support MPEG-4 format
files.  (If your company is interested in funding support for MPEG-4 format
files, then please let me know by separate email.)

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>