[Live-devel] Problem in receiving wave data over RTP stack.

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Thu Mar 25 09:51:52 PST 2004

>      My problem is not regarding the server part, if I directly given the
> RTSP URL it is playing fine. But when try to use the live.com sources for
> getting the wave files that time it is giving problems.
>
>I am using openRTSP.cpp and playCommon.cpp at the client side and
>OnDemandRTSPServer.cpp at the server side. I tested few audio samples.

Note that "openRTSP" saves the incoming data stream as a 'raw' data
file.  In this case, the files (recorded by "openRTSP") contain just raw
PCM audio samples.  You cannot play these files directly in a media
player.  To do that, you would need to convert them back into 'WAV'-format
files (by adding appropriate headers, etc).

>For all these I am able to play directly by giving RTSP URL to VLC player.
>But if I want to use RTSP Client (using openRTSP.cpp and playCommon.cpp)
>for this that I am able to receive wave data but I am unable play this data.

If you were to feed the received data directly into a PCM audio decoder
(after telling the decoder the sampling frequency and sample size, then
they would play OK.

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>