[Live-devel] live.com streaming libraries and mobile phones

Cavalera Claudio Claudio.Cavalera at icn.siemens.it
Fri Mar 26 15:13:37 PST 2004

I thought that the free version of LIVE.COM code didn't support AAC audio.

>So, it should be possible to run the LIVE.COM server code - e.g.,
>"testOnDemandRTSPServer" - to serve MPEG-4 audio streams or AMR audio
>streams, and receive/play these streams on a mobile phone.  This is
>assuming, of course, that the phone doesn't use some sort of separate
>authentication mechanism to ensure that only 'approved'
>streams can be played.

AFAIK, this depends on the policies applied by the operator who provides the Internet Access.

>But generally, I know of no reason why a stream served by a LIVE.COM
>RTSP/RTP server could not be played on a '3GPP' mobile phone.
>If someone
>has such a phone, and is willing to try this out, please let
>us know what
>you find.

FYI I have successfully streamed "test.amr", however while on LAN it worked nice, over the air the quality was poor.
Maybe that could have been a bandwitdh problem or some strange RTCP handling.
Is it possible to stream some MPEG-4 video also?

Regards,
Claudio