[Live-devel] A few questions

LATIFZAI, EMAL (JSC-ER2) (NASA) emal.latifzai-1 at nasa.gov
Fri Mar 26 11:43:41 PST 2004

Hi,

First, I want to know if live software supports streaming and receiving of
more than one mpeg-2 video elementary or program streams simultaneously.
I'm using windows 2000 to do this.  I'm working on changing the code of the
program so that when I click on an mpeg-2 streaming file in live directory,
the command prompt pops up and asks which video file to stream and to what
port to stream it to (I'm going to be streaming all of the video files to
the same ip address).  Once it takes that info, it begins streaming.  This
way I can open several streaming sessions of several different yet same type
of video files.  I began working on this and ran into a few problems.
First, I noticed you're using output stream env of type UsageEnvironment
pointer; however when I tried to output using this, my compiler (VC++ 6.0)
would not recognize my code. Can you tell me a little about your output
streams so I'm able to use it.

Another thing I'm working on is shortening the live program because I only
need to stream and receive either mpeg-2 video elementary streams or mpeg-2
program streams.  Can you help me a little by telling me what I could get
rid of or combine so I can shorten the overall program.

So as a recap, my questions are the following:
1)  Can I stream and receive more than one mpeg-2 video elementary or
program streams simultaneously? If so, what would be some methods of doing
this?
2)  Some info on the env output stream
3)  Some info on how I could shorten the program so it'll only be used for
streaming and receiving mpeg-2 video elementary or program streams.

Thanks in advance.

Emal