[Live-devel] A few questions

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Fri Mar 26 10:10:47 PST 2004

>First, I noticed you're using output stream env of type UsageEnvironment
>pointer; however when I tried to output using this, my compiler (VC++ 6.0)
>would not recognize my code.

Were you able to compile all of the (existing, unmodified) libraries and
test programs OK?  If not, please tell me which file failed to compile
(using VC++ 6.0), and what error message you saw?

(If, however, the error message occurred only when you tried compiling your
*modified* code, then sorry, I can't help you.  But remember, you have
complete source code...)

>So as a recap, my questions are the following:
>1)  Can I stream and receive more than one mpeg-2 video elementary or
>program streams simultaneously?

Yes.  Just make sure you use separate 'source' and 'sink' objects for each
stream.

>3)  Some info on how I could shorten the program so it'll only be used for
>streaming and receiving mpeg-2 video elementary or program streams.

Are you using the "testMPEG1or2VideoStreamer",
"testMPEG1or2AudioVideoStreamer" and "testMPEG1or2VideoReceiver" test
programs as starting points?  These programs do most of what you want, and
probably don't need a lot of 'shortening'.

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>