[Live-devel] On the fly decoding

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Wed Mar 31 09:04:57 PST 2004

>I'm sorry, but testProgs/Makefile's answer is:
>
>decoder3.h:28: previous declaration of `void
>video_decode_example(char*)' with
>    C++ linkage
>decoder3.h:28: conflicts with new declaration with C
>linkage
>make: *** [testMPEG1or2VideoReceiver.o] Error 1
>
>Can I do somethings?

Yes, you're apparently *still* declaring "video_decode_example()" as a C++
function somewhere - most likely by #include'ing another C header file that
#include's "decoder.h".

Whenever you call C functions from within C++ code, you need to make sure
that all function definitions - including those in C header files - are
enclosed with
         extern "C" {
         }

This is a basic C/C++ programming issue...

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>