[Live-devel] Some stupid questions

Dixon Siu dixonsiu at mediaglue.co.jp
Fri May 7 17:41:46 PDT 2004

Hi,

When you use RTSP without specific indication, you are unicasting through
UDP. As you indicated from your email, the user types in the URL of the
machine. Therefore, it is multicasting since it is not a multicast address.
Maybe you want to check if any firewall (either the server network or the
LAN) is blocking UDP access.

Sorry that I can't give much info.

Regards,
Dixon Siu