[Live-devel] Receiving video from a mixer

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Tue May 25 14:50:29 PDT 2004

>I was wondering what are you thoughts about best implementation of the
>demultiplexer are.  The two options I was thinking of were to either change
>MultiFramedRTPSource to also be a sink instead of directly inheriting from
>RTPSource, with an RTP demultiplexer in between, or just derive from
>RTPSource and implement the rest of it.

No, the demultiplexing would be done in whatever object reads from the
RTPSource.  Usually, this will be a sink.  So, I think the best solution
would be to write a new *sink* (or modify an existing sink) to do this.

In particular, in your sink's 'after getting' function, do something like:

         RTPSource* rtpSource = (RTPSource*)fSource;
                 // because we know that this is a RTP source
         unsigned SSRC = rtpSource->lastReceivedSSRC();
         // Then, demultiplex the data based on "SSRC", as appropriate

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>