[Live-devel] live streaming on FreeBSD

Alex Teslik alex at acatysmoof.com
Sat May 22 13:54:53 PDT 2004

Hi folks,

    I'm trying to work out a difficult problem and was wondering if the
live.com streaming package would be able to help me. I've read a lot of the
documentation - to the point where its all blurring together - so forgive me
if I'm missing obvious things.
    I am currently using ffmpeg/ffserver to stream live Real Video (no audio)
content. It works well, but only on the old Real Player. Since ffmpeg does not
support the new RealOne I was trying to figure out some way to replace the
Real live stream with a Quicktime/MPEG4 or MPEG1 or MPEG2 stream.
    Can live.com take a live feed as input? Can live.com encode to MPEG4? Can
live.com hint and stream over HTTP a Quicktime file that Quicktime can
understand and play?

Thanks,
Alex