[Live-devel] testMP3Streamer

David Skiba skiba at avaya.com
Wed May 26 11:31:28 PDT 2004

>Please try to use the ".mak" files, as described in the documentation.  We
>cannot give support to people who don't build the software properly.

Ok, I have built using the make files. There were two issues with the
make files.

1. The version of VS .NET 2003 I am using gives the following error
when converting the make files: "Cannot load the project due to corrupt
project file". This is when trying to open the mak file from VS. Maybe
there is a procedure I am missing.

2. msvcirt.lib is not a library I have. I removed it from the link list.

After that I was able to use nmake directly from the command line to build
all of the projects and samples.

The problem I detailed below is still occurring. The same thing happens that
was happening before with my build. When I changed the code as detailed
below I was able to stream the mp3 file just fine.

Any ides come to mind? If you still think it is a make issue I can send you
all of my make files.

Thanks for your help,
Dave

In the function static Boolean socketIsReadable(int socket)

I had to skip the select call and always return true. For some reason the

WinSock select call returns -1 for my file handle. Looking in some other

groups it seems the select call from WinSock does not work for file handles.

After this change the sample streamed fine to RealPlayer.

This function is probably not the place for this kind of change since I
assume this will

report all normal sockets readable all the time.