[Live-devel] MPEG1or2 Video Parameters

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Thu May 27 03:40:13 PDT 2004

At 02:32 AM 5/27/04, you wrote:
>Hi,
>I'd like to extract (receiver side) some video
>parameters (width,height,frameps) from first slice
>sent and received.
>
>If I send a MPEG1or2 video file,
>Are there them in this first slice?

All of the data in the original MPEG stream (whether MPEG-1, 2 or 4,
Program, Transport or Elementary) is carried, *unchanged*, in RTP
packets.  (Otherwise, a receiver wouldn't be able to play the stream!)

So, you can get all of the information that you want from the received
stream.  To do this, though, you need to be familiar with the particular
MPEG format that you're streaming.  I.e., you will need to get (buy) the
appropriate MPEG specification.

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>