[Live-devel] about streaming from

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Fri May 28 12:00:00 PDT 2004

>   When I use live library to stream local files(mpeg1/2/4) captured by my
> capturing card (with real-time mpeg1/2/4 encoding enabled),
> synchronization of audio and video is good, however, when streaming from
> capturing card , audio loses synchronization with video stream.

How are you reading audio/video from your 'capturing card'?  If you have
written your own 'source' class(es) to do this (e.g. based on the
"DeviceSource" code), then be sure that you set "fPresentationTime" correctly.

If, however, you are reading from your 'capturing card' as a file (e.g., in
/dev), then the code should behave the same way as if you were reading from
a pre-recorded file, and you should not have any a/v synchronization problems.

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>