[Live-devel] Another kasenna specific issue

Dermot McGahon dermot at dspsrv.com
Wed Nov 3 09:45:24 PST 2004

On Wed, 3 Nov 2004 00:50:20 +0100, Derk-Jan Hartman <hartman at videolan.org>
wrote:

>> So, if you can figure out how to parse the Kasenna bullshit data to
>> read the exact amount of data in the response, then that will work.
>> Otherwise, you're SOL.
>
> I was kinda afraid you would say this. Since this is a MPEG1 and MP3
> specific issue of kasenna, it doesn't really matter. it can be dealt
> with at a later time.

It's not urgent by any means. The mpeg2/4 patch submitted is what we
hope to have integrated and available for the vlc 0.8.0 release.

If we're SOL on reading this junk with the SETUP: what about discarding
it, when it is later, erroneously, received during parsing of the PLAY
response. Would it be possible to search further for a response code?

This would only occur if (kaseenaServer == true).

PLAY failed no response code in line: "vHeaderLen = 12; vHeader = 0 0 1
179 22 0 240 196 3 54 224 164 ; sHeaderLen = 18; sHeader = 0 0 1 187 0 12
128 29 77 5 225 255 192 192 32 224 224 46 ; pHeaderLen = 12; pHeader = 0 0
1 186 33 0 1 0 1 128 29 77 ; "
[00000219] main input error: no suitable access module for
`rtsp://omnibase/demo/kasenna.mpg'

Dermot.