[Live-devel] Another kasenna specific issue

Derk-Jan Hartman hartman at videolan.org
Wed Nov 3 12:56:16 PST 2004

On 03 nov 2004, at 10:45, Dermot McGahon wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Nov 2004 00:50:20 +0100, Derk-Jan Hartman
> <hartman at videolan.org> wrote:
>
>>> So, if you can figure out how to parse the Kasenna bullshit data to
>>> read the exact amount of data in the response, then that will work.
>>> Otherwise, you're SOL.
>>
>> I was kinda afraid you would say this. Since this is a MPEG1 and MP3
>> specific issue of kasenna, it doesn't really matter. it can be dealt
>> with at a later time.
>
> It's not urgent by any means. The mpeg2/4 patch submitted is what we
> hope to have integrated and available for the vlc 0.8.0 release.

Unfortunately it's too late for 0.8.0 Gildas didn't want to delay it
any further (this was the only moment he had enough time this week). I
was able to slip this patch into the automated build-system for OSX,
but not for Windows and linux helas...

So kasenna VoD support will have to wait for a next release I'm afraid.

DJ

---
Universiteit Twente
Derk-Jan Hartman (d.hartman at student.utwente dot nl)