[Live-devel] -H option for -q results in incorrect total time

erick.van.rijk at philips.com erick.van.rijk at philips.com
Fri Nov 5 12:21:42 PST 2004

Hi Ross,

I've run across what might be a bug in the Hinting of .mov files. When
recording a 30sec test track it results in a 3:39min track in Quicktime
Player. When I play this file in XINE, it does play correctly.
Perhaps the way Quicktime reads the hint track results in errors?

As a side note: I'm still having troubles reading the MP4 files.
mp4info/mp4creator (MPEG4IP.net) and MP4Box (GPAC) cant read the files.
they note that they are missing atoms.

Regards,

Erick