[Live-devel] H263plusVideoRTPSink

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Fri Nov 5 18:23:44 PST 2004

First, note that you should be referring to RFC 2429, not RFC 2190.

>I modified the testMPEG1or2VideoStreamer sample to use
>H263plusVideoRTPSink. I am using ByteStreamFileSource.cpp
>as the source for my data. When ever doGetNextFrame instead
>of reading from disk I call my H263 encode routine to encode a static
>image and pass that back.

OK, although I would have used "DeviceSource.cpp" as a model, rather than
"ByteStreamFileSource.cpp".

>  1. Do I need to add a header to my data before I pass it back? It seems
>that H263plusVideoRTPSink is expecting two bytes of 0x00 on the front
>of the data.

The data generated by your encoder should be a proper H.263 frame.  As
such, it should begin with two 0x00 bytes.  (If it doesn't, then it might
not be valid.)

>  When looking at RFC2190 it describes an H.263 payload header
>before the bitstream.

Again, you should be referring to RFC 2429, not RFC 2190.

>  Is that something I need to add in addition to the two
>0x00 bytes?

No, "H263plusVideoRTPSink" adds this automatically.  All you need to do is
deliver it proper H.263 video frames.

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>