[Live-devel] Range Header Question

brian_wang brian_wang at coventive.com
Thu Nov 11 09:39:52 PST 2004

Hello Ross,

Regarding the latest version (2004.11.09a) of LIVE library,
I saw it adds a framework to support seeking.

Here is some thought:
The request string is now passed to "handleCmd_PLAY()"
in order to parse the range header.  For each PLAY request,
a seekStream proceeds.  However, the "rangeStart" defaults
to zero, which I think will cause a paused stream to continue
properly.

 From the RTSP RFC (RFC 2326), Section 10.5 (PLAY)
states that "a PLAY request without a Range header is legal".
It also states that "If a stream has been paused via PAUSE,
stream delivery resumes at the pause point".  The current
implementation will cause a PLAY request without a range
header to start the stream all over again.

I am not yet familiar with the diff/patch thing.  But here
it goes...  The attached is a patch against RTSPServer.cpp.
The modifications may not be well thought through though...

:-)

brian