[Live-devel] Subclassing JPEGVideoSource

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Sun Nov 14 17:33:31 PST 2004

>I read several mails in this mailing list and source code of library.
>it seems i must subclass JPEGVideoSource class and implement my own
>doGetNextFrame function. I am confused about its implementation and
>createNew function, their parameters.
>
>I read DeviceSource class comments, but i could not understand exact
>meaning of them. if possible, could anyone help me with a sample
>implementation of a JPEGVideoSource subclass code.

You could take a look at the "ElphelJPEGDeviceSource" class that we
developed to stream from the Elphel m-JPEG camera:
<http://www.live.com/Elphel/>  (Note the "source code" link.)

>I have another problem, testOnDemandRTSPServer has different
>architecture from testXXXStreamer codes. i mean if i implement my own
>JpegVideoFileSource class, could i use it in OnDemandRTSPServer model
>? or i must implement a JPEGVideoFileServerMediaSubSession class?

You would need to implement a "JPEGVideoFileServerMediaSubsession"
class.  But don't worry - this is easy.  (See
"AMRAudioFileServerMediaSubsession" for an good example of this.)

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>