[Live-devel] (no subject)

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Tue Nov 16 10:09:42 PST 2004

>I want to make a RTSP Relay Server, which connects to a other RTSP server
>for every connection he recieves. (onDemand).
>To do this, I want to derive my RTSPRelay from the RTSPServer, and also
>change the RTSPClientSession with all it's functions.
>How can i do this?

The way I would do this would be to have two separate objects: a
"RTSPClient" and a "RTSPServer" (rather than trying to have a single
derived object that acts as both a client and a server).  You would also
need at least one new subclass of "OnDemandServerMediaSubsession" that ties
the two together.

The RTSP server (through the new subclass of
"OnDemandServerMediaSubsession") would handle new client sessions by using
the "RTSPClient" object to connect to the 'real' server.  After having done
a RTSP "PLAY", it would then use the"RTPSource" objects (created by the
"RTSPClient") as the data sources for the corresponding RTSP server session.

This is going to be rather complex - probably more complex than I can help
you with for free on this mailing list.  If your company is interested in
having me consult with you on this project, please let me know (by separate
email).

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>