[Live-devel] Mpeg1 and Mpeg2 streaming

Roozbeh Zabihollahi ruzbeh at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 10:01:25 PST 2004

Dear liveMedia professionals,
I want to use liveMedia rtsp server for streaming mpeg1 and mpeg2
files. I used testOnDemandRTSPSever sample.

I used MPEG1or2VideoFileServerMediaSubsession class for creating video
subsession for this kind of file. my files have not any audio track
and i created them with ffmpeg (libavcodec) library in an avi file. I
don't know values that I must identified for iFramesOnly and vshPeriod
parameters.

By default parameter values, vlc (VideoLan Player) could not play
mpeg-1 and mpeg-2 movies. I don't know th problem, should i change the
values for this parameters or I should use another class or another
format for mpeg-1 and mpeg-2 ?

Thank you,
- - Roozbeh