[Live-devel] streaming .3g2 file fomat

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Tue Nov 30 09:14:41 PST 2004

>If I have a format .3g2 (3gpp MPEG-4 file format) format and file, how do
>I go about streaming that using the existing framework?

You would need to write a new subclass of "FramedSource" that would read
and parse a '.3gp2' file to produce - for each call to "doGetNextFrame()" -
a MPEG-4 audio frame.  (This new class could then be hooked into a
"MPEG4GenericRTPSink" to stream the MPEG-4 audio from the file.)

You could use "liveMedia/DeviceSource.cpp" as a model for this.

If, however, your file contains video as well as audio, then the solution
will be more complicated - you will need to write a demultiplexor class
that generates both audio and video frames.  You could use
"liveMedia/MPEG1or2Demux.cpp" as a model for this.

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>