[Live-devel] Symbian Porting

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Tue Oct 5 16:18:57 PDT 2004

>We had fixed a problem with Symbian Select() implementation and it seems
>like the QT player can buffer and play the amr file.
>I can listen the first frame sent, but I can't listen the next frames.

Does the same problem occur if you run "testAMRAudioStreamer" (or
"testOnDemandRTSPServer") on some other platform - e.g., Windows or
Unix?  Or does it occur only when you run the server application on Symbian?

>  Moreover, the RTP server assumes it is doing
>live broadcast and it does not know when to stop. It sends frames but
>never stop . . .

The server should be handling RTSP "TEARDOWN" commands sent by the client
(QuickTime Player in this case).  Again, this is something that you could
test by running the server application on another platform - so you can
figure out whether or not its related specifically to the Symbian port.

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>