[Live-devel] Symbian Porting

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Wed Oct 6 14:14:29 PDT 2004

>Windows: I used a file with 4000 bytes and RTSP Server
>("testOnDemandRTSPServer") did the streaming in 2 seconds. I got to listen
>the sound.
>Symbian: I used the same file and the RTSP Server did the streaming in 85
>seconds.
>
>I did the tests in the same computer. So, I am sure that it is the reason
>to I don't get to listen when I try on Emulator.
>How you can see below, there is a great delay between each UDP messages
>sent by RTSP Server running on Symbian Emulator.
>Could you suggest something to solve this?

I suspect that your implementation of "select()" in Symbian (or at least,
on the Symbian emulator that you're running) is still faulty.  In
particular, your "select()" may not be handling the "timeout" parameter
properly.  If "select()" is called with no sockets being readable, then it
should return after the period of time specified by the "timeout"
parameter.  I suspect that, in your case, "select()" is returning much
later than it should.

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>