[Live-devel] Problem of new support for unicast RTSP/RTP streaming from a single input source

Mike Yan mikey at tlcwatch.com
Wed Oct 6 17:33:30 PDT 2004

Hi Ross,

I have tested the new feature of RTSP server which supports multiple unicast
streaming.
For using file source, the test went greatly when I put variable
"reuseFirstSource" to True.
But if I use live streaming source as set the input file name to "stdin", I
can't get anything from client (VLC player).
I checked my debug log and found out that live media library never try to
read buffer from "stdin" source.
BTW, my live streaming source continuously feed data to "stdin" through
pipe.

The version of live.com is 2004.09.24. Could you check
"testOnDemandRTSPServer" test program to see if it can take the live input
source from "stdin"? Or it need something extra to make
"testOnDemandRTSPServer" program take data from "stdin".

Thanks in advance.

Mike