[Live-devel] Problem of new support for unicast RTSP/RTP streaming from a single input source

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Thu Oct 7 02:59:12 PDT 2004

>I have tested the new feature of RTSP server which supports multiple unicast
>streaming.
>For using file source, the test went greatly when I put variable
>"reuseFirstSource" to True.
>But if I use live streaming source as set the input file name to "stdin", I
>can't get anything from client (VLC player).

Mike,

This was a problem with MPEG-4 video sources.  It was caused by the fact
that the server needs to read from the input stream twice: Once to read the
first "VisualObjectSequence" header (to set the SDP "config" string), and
again for the actual streaming to the client.

Other kinds of data source (e.g., MP3, MPEG-1 or 2 video) didn't seem to
have a problem.

I have now installed a new version (2004.10.07) of the code that should fix
this problem.  (Note, though, that - for MPEG-4 video sources - a
"VisualObjectSequence" header must occur periodically in the stream.  It's
not enough to just have one at the beginning of the stream, but nowhere else.

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>