[Live-devel] MP4V-ES

stage.nexvision at laposte.net stage.nexvision at laposte.net
Mon Oct 11 13:44:30 PDT 2004

Hi all,

   I'm tried to understand what is done to the stream on the client side, before it is sent
to the decoder, in the case where the stream is declared as MP4V/ES in the session
description.

I've tried to use your code with mplayer, and it works out of the box, but as I don't
understand the logic of the data flow inside MPlayer, so I don't understand what
modification you're doing to the stream.

I've tried to reproduce this by saving the RTP packet (without headers, of course)
content, until I get a Mark set to 1 (end of frame I guess). I'm almost I've saved them
in the seq number order. Then I send this to avcodec decode function.
I frame are decoded correctly, but P frame and B frame are not.

I debugged the return of the avcodec_decode_video function, and it says it can find a
picture in case of P frames. So I guess I've bad data somewhere, but I don't figure
out where.

I would really appreciate if you could explain what is the data flow in the Live
RTSP/RTP client, when the content is MP4V/ES. I've read the RTP/RTCP/RTSP
standard but I guess I'm missing something.

Thanks.
Cyril