[Live-devel] H.263 plus streaming

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Wed Oct 20 12:08:07 PDT 2004

>I am experimenting with the live.com streaming and was trying to stream a
>H.263 plus file using live.com server.
>I understand that there are  Source and Sink files already implemented
>for H.263 plus. Now,
>1. Can I use the MPEG4VideoStreamFramer.cpp to parse through a H.263 plus
>file?

No, because that parses MPEG-4 video, not H.263+

>2. If not, is there any other way by which I can stream a H.263 plus file?
>3. Do I need to create my own StreamFramer file to stream H.263 plus file?

The object that feeds into your "H263plusVideoRTPSink" must deliver a
single, complete video frame (i.e., on a proper frame boundary; not just an
arbitrary sequence of bytes) for each call to "doGetNextFrame()".

If your original data source is an arbitrary byte stream (containing H.263+
video), then the right solution would be to write a
"H263plusVideoStreamFramer" filter, and insert this between your input
source and your "H263plusVideoRTPSink".   However, because you're just
reading from a file, you might find it simpler to instead write a
"H263plusVideoFileSource" class that reads directly from a file (and
delivers discrete H.263+ frames).  (I suggest looking at
"WAVAudioFileSource.cpp" for a model for how to do this.)

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>