[Live-devel] Reading MPEG-4

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Thu Oct 21 16:03:10 PDT 2004

>I am using testOnDemandRTSPServer to create a RTSP server that can stream
>a MPEG-4 file.
>Where are the system calls to open and read the MPEG-4 file? I need to
>know what is the source code used to do it!

This is done in
         MPEG4VideoFileServerMediaSubsession::::createNewStreamSource()
(Note the call to ByteStreamFileSource::createNew(), which is where the
file is actually opened.)

Note, BTW, that the "MPEG-4 file" is not a full '.mp4' format
file.  Instead, it's just a file that contains the MPEG-4 video elementary
stream data only.

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>