[Live-devel] fJitter may be wrong?

Fangweiwei fangweiwei at tom.com
Fri Oct 22 21:39:11 PDT 2004

Ross Finlayson,hi£¡

	I don't know why RFC 3550 computes it as that.

    Now I do some work as Network Emulation. And when I changed the virtual network, from good to bad (eg.packet loss), I calculate the packet jitter using standard deviation fomula.and It reflects that the network quality. If packet loss too much, the packet jitter will become big...

    but unfortunately, I find the fJitter changes slightly.I don't know why?

    Thank you very much for all your answer!

======= 2004-10-22 04:44:00 You Wrote in your letter£º=======