[Live-devel] Segmentation fault in BasicTaskScheduler::SingleStep()

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Fri Oct 29 12:48:01 PDT 2004

>I wrote a class based on DeviceSource model. When reading from a file,
>all works fine. But when reading from a socket, the program fails
>(segmentation fault).
>The debugger (gdb) says that the instruction causing the segfault is in
>BasicTaskScheduler::SingleStep, line 99.

Did you also compile the code with the "-g" flag?  (You can do this by
adding "-g" to the COMPILE_OPTS definition in your "config.*" file.)  This
should cause gdb to report the error more accurately.

>Do you have any idea?

Unfortunately, not.

Note: Because you're reading from a socket, though, make sure that you call
"turnOnBackgroundReadHandling()" on it beforehand.  (I don't know if this
is related to your crash, though.)

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>