[Live-devel] Live on Windows CE ( eVC 4 )

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Thu Sep 2 11:56:41 PDT 2004

>>Then I suggest starting with a simpler application.  Forget RTSP for
>>now.  Instead, run one of the non-RTSP "test*Streamer" multicast
>>streaming applications - e.g. "testMP3Streamer" - on your server, and the
>>corresponding multicast receiver application - "testMP3Receiver" - on
>>your WinCE machine.  Then, you should easily be able to figure out (e.g.,
>>in "readSocket()" in "GroupsockHelper.cpp") if you're receiving packets.
>
>Well, the rtsp part is working: describe, setup and play are working fine.
>The server receives them, replies. The client receives them and start
>running the session.
>
>The problem is the RTP data that never come (although it is sent by the
>server)

That's why I suggested working with a simpler application that just
receives RTP (and RTCP).

>When playing is started, select in BasicTaskScheduler::SingleStep is
>ending by its timeout (it returns 0)

OK, this shows that the underlying OS thinks that none of the sockets have
readable data.  (I assume that
"BasicTaskScheduler::turnOnBackgroundReadHandling()" is getting called, to
add each socket to "fReadSet".)  This seems to be an OS problem, so I can't
really help you here.  (I'm assuming that you're not behind a firewall
that's blocking UDP packets :-)

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>