[Live-devel] obtaining the current npt value from a RTSP stream

Dermot McGahon dermot at dspsrv.com
Thu Sep 9 16:14:00 PDT 2004

On Thu, 9 Sep 2004 03:26:19 -0700, Hussain <conundrums at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is it possible to get the current value for the npt (normal play time)
>  from a RTSP stream? If not,  could you suggest how this could be
> implemented.

Ross,

This is needed to implement the resume part of PAUSE/PLAY, for
video-on-demand client capabilities for both vlc and mplayer.

Just in case you're wondering why people are looking for this.

I don't know whether the LIVE.COM streaming media libraries, or
vlc/mplayer, is the right place to find this piece of information.

Dermot.