[Live-devel] Symbian Porting: Step By Step

flavio.oliveira at indt.org.br flavio.oliveira at indt.org.br
Thu Sep 9 11:05:16 PDT 2004

Hi Ross

I changed the ports, but I have the same problem.
I am using the Ethereal (Sniffer) to see the packets.
The following paragraphs illustrate the client server session:

	1.   QT Player posts the DESCRIBE method to the server
      2.   Server responds : RTSP/1.0 200 OK
	3.   QT Player posts the SETUP method to the server
	4.   Server responds with a session ID.
	5.   QT Player starts the session by sending a PLAY method to the server.
	5.1  Server start reading the source file and calls:
			MediaSink::startPlaying()
			MultiFramedRTPSink::continuePlaying()
			MultiFramedRTPSink::buildAndSendPacket()
			MultiFramedRTPSink::packFrame()
			FramedSource::getNextFrame()
			AMRAudioFileSource::doGetNextFrame()
			. . .
	6.   Server responds : RTSP/1.0 200 OK
	7.   Server reads the source file again:
			MultiFramedRTPSink::afterGettingFrame1()
			MultiFramedRTPSink::packFrame()
			FramedSource::getNextFrame()
			AMRAudioFileSource::doGetNextFrame()
			void handleTimeout()
			BasicTaskScheduler::SingleStep()
			Groupsock::handleRead()
			blockUntilReadable(); // Freeze Here - it is waiting for data.
				timeout = NULL - Is it right? Does it need the timeout here? I think so!

	So, sendto() or send() never are called after this, thus nothing is sent to the client.

I think that can have something wrong with Select(). What do you think?
I would like to post the Live.com for Symbian in the sourceforge ... Can I do it?
I am going to put support to 3GP Files.

Flavio