[Live-devel] Symbian Porting: Step By Step

flavio.oliveira at indt.org.br flavio.oliveira at indt.org.br
Thu Sep 9 15:06:59 PDT 2004

Hi Ross,

>>When you see this, exactly where is "Groupsock::handleRead()" being called from?
	 RTCPInstance::incomingReportHandler1()
	 RTPInterface::handleRead()
	 "blockUntilReadable()" doesn't return because there are no RTP Packets available.
       so, What do you suggest?

>>1/ Does "MultiFramedRTPSource::networkReadHandler()" get called?
       It never is called!!!

>>If what you are reporting is correct, then there may well be a problem with
>>your OS's "select()" implementation, in which case I can't really help you (it's an OS issue).

	#define MILLION 60 // Changed!!!!

	BasicTaskScheduler::SingleStep()
		  DelayInterval const& timeToDelay = fDelayQueue.timeToNextAlarm();
		  struct timeval tv_timeToDelay;
		  tv_timeToDelay.tv_sec = timeToDelay.seconds(); // Very Large value
		  tv_timeToDelay.tv_usec = timeToDelay.useconds(); //Very Large value

		  const long MAX_TV_SEC = MILLION; // It sets 60
		  if (tv_timeToDelay.tv_sec > MAX_TV_SEC) {
			tv_timeToDelay.tv_sec = MAX_TV_SEC;
		  }
	The Select() implementation doesn't support 1 million seconds, so I used MILLION = 60
	In this case, it will be 60 seconds. Could be it the problem? I got to use 900 as the max value!
	What do you suggest?

Flavio