[Live-devel] MPEG4VideoStreamDiscreteFramer

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Tue Sep 14 16:21:52 PDT 2004

>   I tried replacing the MPEG4VideoStreamFramer::createNew() call in my
> code to use the newer MPEG4VideoStreamDiscreteFramer, but it somehow
> instead of improving performance, made it at lot worst. The CPU usage
> rises from 40% to 100% and it appears to "want more"

Take a look at the implementation of your input source class (the class
that reads mpeg-4 video frames from <whatever>, to be fed to
"MPEG4VideoStreamDiscreteFramer").  It sounds like that class may be
'polling' for data - i.e, spinning in a loop.  It shouldn't do
this.  Instead, it should return immediately if no new frame data is available.

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>