[Live-devel] about the implementation of FEC for WLAN

jackXiong jackxiong at adigit.com.tw
Thu Sep 16 16:19:34 PDT 2004

Hi, Ross,
  I have looked through some source code of liveMedia, and I think FEC can be implemented as the following,
1. modify MultiFramedRTPSink to generate FEC packet every n Media packets.
2. modify MultiFramedRTPSource to try to recover the lost media packets when necessary.
  In order to simplify the whole process, I will reuse the same multicast address and port to send/receive FEC packets, so I use different SSRC within FEC packet to tell them from media packets.
  Am I on the right way? thanks in advance.

best regards
jack