[Live-devel] media subsessions and names

Derk-Jan Hartman hartman at videolan.org
Fri Sep 17 22:12:50 PDT 2004

On 16 sep 2004, at 17:07, Valery Kazakov wrote:

> Good afternoon.
> On client side I work with live's stack and use "livedotcom.cpp" from
> VLC.
> I wanted to open four windows for all video streams and use their names
> as windows captions.
> "MediaSubsessionIterator" made array of "MediaSubsession" objects,
> but sequence of the objects is not strictly corresponds to names list
> from the SDP.
> How I can define accordance between media subsessions
> and names from SDP?
> Thanks, Valery.

So you want multiple video streams from one SDP open together, in a
predefined sequence?

In that case, you are out of luck with VLC, it's a threaded system,
which basically means first in first out, however, when a stream is too
'early', it can be delayed (waiting for window i.e.) and another stream
can open earlier. not much you can do about that, neither do i very
much see the use for it.

dj