[Live-devel] MPEG-2 Program Stream trick play (pause/play only)

Leon Woestenberg leonw at mailcan.com
Mon Apr 4 17:50:27 PDT 2005

Hello Ross,

On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 15:48:23 -0700, "Ross Finlayson"
<finlayson at live.com> said:

> >I am encoding a MPEG-2 PS with a MPEG-2 VES and a MPEG-1 Audio Layer 2
> >AES from a chip encoder (Vweb VW2010) to file (test.mpg) then use that
> >file as the test.mpg for live.com's testOnDemandRTSPServer.
>
> This is a bad idea. <...> you should just stream your
> Elementary Streams directly.

- We store them inbetween to disk (the most important function of this
  device). We want to maintain A/V sync on on-disk files and have the
  audio and video properly multiplexed.
- The chip outputs TS or PS.

> >What I find strange is that the DEBUG_TIMESTAMPS output shows zero for the
> >video stream, packet presentation_time_stamp
>
> That shouldn't happen and suggests that either your multiplexing into a
> Program Stream was done incorrectly, or else the timestamps were bad in
> your Video Elementary Stream to begin with.

Will investigate why live.com thinks them zero.

Regards,

Leon Woestenberg.